31 Bible Verses on Wisdom
I am excited to announce the topic for July is Wisdom! We acquire wisdom by meditating on God’s Word (Prov. 4:10-11). That is what Bible journaling is all about. So this month focus on how the Bible leads us down the pathway of wisdom.
Below are suggestions for study. Share your insights on our Facebook Group. Download the July Calendar (8.5×11) with 31 wisdom verses at the bottom of this post.
Chapter of the Week
There are two chapters is listed each week for in-depth study. You can do one or both. The Genesis chapter is for those studying chronologically. Weekly videos will be posted on the Facebook group. Decorate a page in the chapter or color an illustration in your journaling Bible and share in the Facebook group anytime.
How to Do a Topical Bible Study
It is exciting that we will all be studying Grace together all month! If you have been coloring images in a journaling Bible or painting full pages in a Bible you probably have not done a topic Bible study because topics span all 66 books not just one page. There are several ways to do a topical Bible study.
1. Read and Copy a Passage Each Day
Get a notebook or one of those cute journals to record your study. Read and copy the verses every day and/or Bible Journal those that are special to you.
- LIST: Make a list of all the related words, synonyms, phrases, and anything else that could have something to do with your topic.
- READ: Read and study every reference,
- KEEP NOTES: Categorize these references on scratch paper through the month. write down your observations and insights on each verse. Be sure to check the context carefully so that your interpretation will be correct.
- OUTLINE: At the end of the month condense your study into an outline grouping related or similar references together under different theme divisions.
- CONCLUSION: Concluding thoughts Summarize your findings in a brief paragraph. What have you learned about this topic? How have the themes you’ve found broadened your understanding of the Biblical perspective on this topic?
- APPLICATION: Write a practical application drawn from your concluding summary. Identify one area of your life where you can better live out these truths. Make a plan and give yourself a deadline.
2. Journal in a Planner
This is a Topic Study I need on Grace a few months ago in a Happy Planner. The little boxes are perfect for topical studies jotting down quotes and verses. Follow the steps above but record your writing in the planner. See the Printable Planner Kit here. You get a free planner kit when you subscribe to this blog. There is a Red, White and Blue Planner kit at my Etsy store.
3. Create an Art Journal Page on the Topic
This is a digital page I created with a paint overlay kit. This page fits in my Illustrated Faith Praise Book.
Journal on Index Cards
Get a stack of index cards. Read the verse or the day and jot down your thoughts for that day on an index card.
Do a Full Bible Study on Wisdom
I wrote a book on wisdom when my oldest children were teenagers. You can get the printable eBook here or order the paper book from Amazon.
July 2016 Calendar Download
The calendar includes the topic of the month, chapters of the week, holidays, and room for you to jot errands or birthdays. Feel free to share a link to this site. Please do not share the Pdf.
- Download the July 2016 Floral Calendar page here
- Download the July 2016 ink-saver Calendar page here
Try Your Topical Study in this Planner Kit
Subscribe to this blog for a free printable planner kit.
Bible Journal Love List
Subscribe to the Bible Journal Love List and receive our FREE Bible Journal Infographic and exclusive freebies every month by email.