1. Bible Journal Online Free
Sketch by Evernote is a free annotation program where you can load your bible page and annotate online with circles, squares, arrows, and text. It is not as artistic as traditional Bible Journaling but its easy and, fun and educational. I’m working on a tutorial now that should be ready soon. Here is an example:
How to Bible Journal with Sketch
- First I get a screen shot of the Bible pages from Biblegateway (several versions available)
- Open the Bible page in Sketch.
- There was a slight learning curve to Sketch. It took a good twenty minutes before I felt comfortable.
- I use the annotation tools to mark the text and add notes.
- My favorite part about this program is the same–it is UNLIMITED space for notes. You can just keep adding.
- Currently Skitch cannot print directly to your printer but you can save the image to your desktop and to save the file and then use the built in a graphics viewer to print.
2. Bible Journal with Photoshop Elements
Digital scrapbookers use Photoshop Elements and clip art or digital kits to come up with amazing pages. I used the same techniques for Bible journaling.
How to Bible Journal with Photoshop Elements
This is a quick overview. I hope to make video tutorials soon.
- First I copy text from Biblegateway (several versions available)
- Past the text into a page in Photoshop Elements (size depends on where you want to store your pages. 8.5×11 for notebook).
- I mark the text using Kay Author’s Precept Ministry markings (Get the Free ebook about this approach here) by highlighting with Photoshop brushes and shapes.
- I use Photoshop brushes to create a watercolor look (I like watercolors but you can use what ever strikes your fancy.)
- I add a few flowers from my digital scrapbook stash.
- I make “Word Art” by using several fonts to write my favorite verse on the side. (There are thousands of free fonts online).
- When complete you have the option to print and tape in your Bible, in an album, frame or share online.
Free eBook: Get a free copy of The Inductive Bible Study Method
3. Hybrid Bible Journaling: Digital and Paper
Create a Bible journal page on the computer, print it out on vellum paper and washi tape into your Bible.
You can also upload your Bible Journal Pages to have them printed into calendars, stationary, on cups, T-shirts too.
Bible Journaling Digitally Facebook Group
Join our Bible Journally Digitally Facebook group to meet other interested in Bible Journaling Digitally. I’m putting together tutorials to show you how to do the three methods above. Join our email list for updates.
Bible Journaling on Pinterest
Bible Journaling Facebook Group
The Bible Journaling free tutorials are in the works. Join our mail list for updates. You can chat with other about Bible Journaling on our Bible Journaling Facebook group.