There is so much you can do digitally! Here are a few Bible journaling ideas with samples below and digital class information.
- Print and place in a Bible or Praise Book
- Create margin strips to adhere to Bible or planner margins
- Use a Bible template and share in social media
- Print and create an album
- Create hymnal pages (to share or frame)
- Print and frame creations
- Print and lament margin strips for bookmarks
- Create gifts (coffee mugs, bookmarks, even t-shirts)
- Hybrid Bible Journaling: Print out digital washi tape and stickers.
- Create a topical Bible study
1. Print and Washi Tape in a Bible
I use an Interleaved Bible (every other page is blank). I print the page on regular copy paper then washi tape it into my Interleaved Bible.
Or hole punch and place in an Illustrated Faith Praise book or notebook.
2. Print Out Margins and Adhere into Your Journaling Bible
When you do art in your Bible and digital its called Hybrid Bible Journaling. I use this method a lot.
Margin strips fit into planners too! You’ll find lots of free printable margin strips on this site.
3. Use a Bible Template and Share Online
Purchase a Bible template (purchase one use hundreds of times) and share your art in Social Media (Facebook, Pinterest, forums)
4. Make a Bible Journal Album
You can create Bible journaling pages to place in a 12×12, 8×8 or 8.5x 10 album. You can print many pages so you may even want to print an album for each of your children!
5. Create Hymn Pages
6. Print and Frame for Home Decor
7. Print and lament margin strips for bookmarks
8. Create gifts (coffee mugs, bookmarks, even t-shirts)
I had mugs made for my granddaughters at VitstaPrint.com
9. Hybrid: Print out Digital Washi Tape or Stickers
Print on copy paper or sticker paper to adhere to Bible and planners. These samples utilize the Amazing Grace Bible Journaling Kit.
You can make a dozen different pages with this $2 Bible Journal Printable
You can print out the PDF to create your own DIY stickers.
Or you can drag and drop digital images to create a digital page.
10. Create a Topicl Bible Study in a Planner
If you want to Bible Journal Digitally you need the Photoshop Elements basics. You can start classes TODAY! And retrain access forever with classes by Linda Sattgast. Linda taught me to use Photoshop Elements, she’s an amazingly helpful teacher!
I learned how to use Photoshop by taking a class from Linda Sattgast, the Digital Scrapper. I looked over Linda’s online Photoshop Element Video Class and realized she covers all the basics you need to know to begin Bible Journaling Digitally for a very reasonable price. Linda cuts to the chase. She is the best PSE teacher available.
By the time you finish Linda’s classes you will be ready for my classes which combine several methods of Bible study with digital art you see in all the physical Bible journaling pages. This means you can start learning right away (and will save me months of creating classes that Linda has already done beautifully). No need to reinvent the wheel!
11 Going Digital Benefits
I promise you will love Linda’s lessons. She planted seeds in my life resulting in a ton of fruit. I learned Photoshop from her then taught my daughter (Rebecca, the Well Planned Gal) who used it to create planners and magazines. Rebecca taught my granddaughter who started her own magazine for Christian teens titled Dear. These classes are geared toward digital scrapbooking however they are valuable for any type business work or craft projects. And they are priced at a real bargain.
- Video Lessons
- Classroom Forum
- Free Materials (scrapbook kit, word art, templates, quick pages, and more)
- Class Gallery
If they answered your question in the forum and you’re have trouble understanding or applying ANY of the material in these lessons, someone on the team will share desktops with you to help you resolve your question. How neat is that?
- Introduction (8 video lessons)
- PNG Templates (5 video lessons)
- Posting Pages in an Online Gallery (5 video lessons)
- Type Techniques (8 video lessons)
- Selections & Shadows (8 video lessons)
- Grayscale Templates (8 video lessons)
- Shapes & Strokes (8 video lessons)
- Color & Duplicating (6 video lessons)
- Brush Tool Basics (4 video lessons)
What You Need
You need a copy of Photoshop Elements installed on your computer.
You must have a copy of Photoshop Elements 11, 12, 13 or 14 for this class. If you don’t have it, you can download the latest 30 day trial version from the Adobe website which should give you plenty of time to use it for this entire class.
I can’t wait to hear about your experience with Linda. Come share your experience in our Facebook group!
Bible JOurnaling Digitall Benefits
- DIGITAL BENEFITS
- Digital images can be used over and over (and re-colored).
- Create unlimited number of pages from one digital kit.
- Thousands of fonts are free online
- I never run out of paint or color choices
- I can recolor objects to match kits
- Never limited by need to run out and but matching store-bought embellishments
- Print out numerous copies of the same page and give as gifts (framed images, bookmarks, even coffee mugs, etc)
- Save time. Digital is much faster. No time-consuming like cutting paper, and gluing. Instead click and a drag with a mouse.
- Saves space: no more having to frantically clear away the dining table to make way for dinner.
- No mess, no cleanup. There aren’t any piles of scraps or clippings to clean up or unused supplies to put away and organize.
- Email pages/publish on web. Keep in touch with family and friend anywhere in the world by emailing them a digital copy of your pages or publishing your pages to a blog or website.
- Easy to pick up where you left off if you’re interrupted. Simply save your work and you don’t have to bother putting away or getting out a bunch ofsupplies.
- Learning Photoshop elements can help you in any business or volunteer work. My daughter took what I taught her and created planners and then magazines now has dozens of employees just learning Photoshop. See hedua.com
Benefits of Bible Journaling Digitally
- Save time (make a page in less than an hour)
- Save money (use art over and over, never run out of paint)
- More choices (not limited by colors of pencils or paint)
- No mess to clean up!!!!
- Share instantly via Facebook or email.
Join the list group
Subscribe to get our FREE Bible Journal Infographic and exclusive freebies every month by email.